Re: A89: Starting out assembly, need help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Starting out assembly, need help

So the only advantage to declaring variable within your program is that
it is faster because it uses relative addressing?  It woudn't be smaller,
though, because any memory that you save by using relative addressing is
lost in the space used for the variable, right?  How many bytes are saved
by using relative addressing, anyway?

Justin Bosch
justin-b@juno.com

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998 22:53:58 -0500 "Dux Gregis" <assets@eden.rutgers.edu>
writes:

>Yes, at the end of each row there are 10 bytes (I think) and then rows
>101
>through 160 (I think) are completely empty: 30 bytes each.  I might
>not have
>the exact numbers right, but there is a lot of memory here unused by
>anything else.
>

>>I was wondering how calculators with differing screen sizes could run
>the
>>same programs, considering that these programs write to specific
>pixels.
>>Where exactrly is the video memory, and what parts are unused?  Is
>there
>>a "chunk" at the end of each row?
>>
>>Justin Bosch
>>justin-b@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]