Re: A89: Quick Redraw?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Quick Redraw?

In a message dated 11/30/98 8:36:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, BLoWh0Le@aol.com
writes:

> One way I tried to fix it was by having two sets of vars for the ballx and
>  bally.  The first set was the real ball and the second was the coordinates
> in
>  the previous cycle.  Then I drew the ball at the real coordinates and
erased
>  it at the other.  For the paddles, I drew/erased a line at each end of the
>  paddle according to what direction the paddle was moving.  Thus if you move
> up
>  one pixel, I draw one line at the top and erase the line at the bottom.
The
>  only problem this way was that It created uneven slowdown, and the
> improvement
>  of screen flickering was nonexistent.
>
>  Does anyone have any suggestions?

oooh!  l got one.  l'm still looking for an asm tutorial, but l know how to do
this:
when you make your paddle sprite, l'm guessing it might look something like
this:
11
11
11
11
or whatever.  But make the paddle sprite like this:
00
11
11
11
11
00
and it will clear those pixels where the 00's are.
For the Ball, instead of maybe having a sprite like this:
11
11
(l haven't played the game, l'm just guessing)
Do this:
0000
0110
0110
0000
And the 0's will clear the pixel next to it