[A86] Re: Hey All, Some beginner Question :)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: Hey All, Some beginner Question :)

>The hard part is that there aren't a lot of
readily available resources for the algorithms.

Well, I know for things like symbolic derivatives and integrals, there are
easy to follow algorithms:

DERIVATIVES:
1. Chain Rule
2. Power Rule
3. Product Rule
4. Quotient Rule
5. The derivative of the sums is the sum of the derivatives of the
individual function

etc.

For Integrals there are more "rules" such as various substitutions,
integration by parts, tabular integration, and table-lookup, but the problem
seems to be doable.  For 'basic' algebra, like factoring abstactly, I do not
know...