[A86] Re: OT: Re: Re: bin2var help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: OT: Re: Re: bin2var help

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, -=James Rubingh=- wrote:

> OT
>
> I did linux from scratch, but found it to be more of a hassle than
> necessary, so I switched to beehive (http://www.beehive.nu) which is all
> optimized for i686, and actually follows the FSH (ie gnome and kde are
> installed in /opt if you install them ... it's darn nice)
>
> It has a package manager, it's called tar -C ;-)

I used to use Slackware. Of all the distro's, it's probably my favorite.
I especially like BSD style bootup scripts. That's what I'm using now.

One of my biggest reasons for doing LFS was open-source. I wanted to have
the source to everything that I used.

I took a look at Beehive. It looks pretty neat. I understand (after using
RedHat) about not installing 500mb of stuff you'll never use...