[A86] Re: bin2var help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: bin2var help

> Van: Ryan M. McConahy <jfanonymous@yahoo.com>
>
> I run GNU/Linux (what you probably call Linux (incorrectly) ), have
> installed z88dk, and was able to compile a program. I used "bin2var a.bas
> hello.86p" and it worked. But the program is a bunch of nonsense.

Yep, there have been strange problems with using bin2var + z88dk + Ti86.

I don't remember exactly what caused them, but I do know that they are
solved, done it myself (I vaguely remember that it had something to do with
IM2 stuff). You should grab the latest version from CVS. Since you have a
linux-distro you shouldn't have any problems with recompiling the binaries
and libs.

btw, have you used -startup=10 for asm(-executables ? Standardly it
compiles for some obscure thing as LASM. That's not my fault, stefano did
that, he is the guy who added support for Ti and some 15 other machines.
Which means he didn't know what shell is used most nowadays, he just
thought that everyone would go for a shell that maximizes free memory for a
program.

look in {z88dk}/doc/ti.txt for further clues about compiling for the Ti.

> I also tried to convert a text file to an 86p file. When viewed with a
> text viewer (cat, less, emacs, DOS edit) it looks fine, but in the
> TI-Graphlink program editor, it comes out scrambled.

Ti graphlink garbles most things up... Only all-capital text files might
have a chance. Other characters can get interpreted as BASIC tokens.

	Henk Poley <><