[A86] Re: Async Link Routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: Async Link Routine

> Van: David West <bdaddy_mit@hotmail.com>
>
> Hello,
>
>      For my application I will not have control of the PC side.  I'm
> trying to write a program to dial into SLIP or PPP hosts.  I haven't
> thought about trying to use the USB link.  I wanted to run RS-232
> eventually to make use of old 9600 baud external modems.  I could also
> just cook up my own protocol converter that is more user friendly, but I
> was hoping to build this network stack to be usible with the existing
> graphlink.  Cause I would think most people would have that.

Correct if I'm wrong, but a PPP network stack means that you (also) have a
TCP/IP-stack? Then why not port the z88dk TCP/IP-stack? Before you get
vague ideas of a compiled C program, the stack is handwritten in assembly,
and has been optimized for ages. And it works. There is a link to the
TCP/IP-stack page on http://z88dk.sf.net/

But indeed you first need a working dailup. btw, you can connect an
external modem with a so called 'null-modem' to your graphlink. Speed of
your external modem doesn't matter, I've never seen a modem that doesn't
support 9600 baud.

>      It sounds like people seem to agree that this is a real problem and
> that there isn't much to be done about using the graphlink in any sort
> of full-duplex way.

I've read the Telnet83 (a VT100 client) docs and there's also stated that
such thing is impossible with the graphlink. But what about the
FastAVR-link? (see http://tilp.ticalc.org)

	Henk Poley <><