[A86] Re: TI-OS link routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: TI-OS link routines

You need to install your own error handler if you're going to use the rom
link routines.  There is no way to disable the timeout error.

The simplest thing to do, (which is what I used in keylink) is to install
a simple error handler that will cleanly exit your program:

    ld hl,error
    call $41a1                  ; _instError
error:
    call _clrScrn
    ld hl,0
    ld (_curRow),hl
    ld hl,str_error
    call _puts
    res 4,(iy+$09)          ; clear onInterrupt
    res 5,(iy+$00)          ; don't display "Done."
    ret

iirc there are some things you need to clean up if you want your program
to continue and I don't know what they are ;)  but the os will fix them
for you if you just exit.  (there may not be, that was a long time ago)

Remember that the stack will be reset to where it was when you called
_instError when the error handler is called.

-josh

On Sat, 09 Feb 2002 20:54:10 -0500 Ricky Cobb <arcadesdude@operamail.com>
writes:

> I was wondering how to use the TI-OS link routines
> and made this program. The thing is the sending part times out
> and give a garbled Error 00 [and a bunch of gibberish] but
> doesnt crash. When the program is run on both calcs it will
> work like it is supposed to and show you are player 1 on the
> calc that ran the program first, and you are player 2 on the
> calc that ran the program second. The timeout of the sending
> routine seems to cause some strange error. Here is the code.
> Any help is appreiciated.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.