[A86] Trying to keep the list (sort of) alive...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Trying to keep the list (sort of) alive...

Okay, I'll tell you what. I'll make up a question. :-) Actually, I've been
wondering this for a while, out of curiosity. It isn't really an urgent
question, but I was just wondering if anyone knows.

I keep hearing in ASM tutorials that jumping to $0000 or doing a rst 00h
will reset the calc. But in VTI, this doesn't reset, it just crashes. Does
anyone know why? Is this information wrong, or does VTI not emulate it
correctly, or do certain conditions need to be met? Does anyone know how VTI
resets the calculator when you use the "Reset Calculator" option from the
right-click menu? I was just wanting to know because I thought it might be
fun to trace the ROM code through the debugger to watch how the calc "boots
up" and initializes memory.

P.S.--I almost sent this to the TI-BASIC list by accident! Good thing I
noticed before sending; I wouldn't want to get flamed. :-)

Thanks,
Travis