[A86] Re: TCP/IP stack

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: TCP/IP stack

I find this to be a fascinating idea! It would make it so you didn't have
to have access to a dial-up Unix system (the closest one to me is long
dist., and I could run my own, but I only have one phoneline, so I
couldn't go online...). I wrote & submitted an article to ticalc about
GNU/Linux for the TI-86, but didn't hear anything after that. I think you
should make a Unix-like OS for the calc, 'cuz the TI-OS is math oriented,
doesn't implement folders, etc. Maybe someone could semi-mass-produce a
kit to upgrade the TI-86's ROM to either flash-ROM or a new ROM, with both
the TI-OS and the CalcUnix on it (Dual boot, so you can still do math).

Ryan M. McConahy