[A86] Re: SDCC v2.3.0

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: SDCC v2.3.0

> Where I see inlining being used is more in places like:
> void puts(char*str) { asm { ld hl,str \ call _puts } }
> and all you need is to copy the contents in place and run an optimizer
> over it.
> (puts is a bad example, something more like findsym would be better, but
> more complicated)

That's exactly what I'm talking about.  Unfortunately, inlining functions
isn't always straight forward, as you point out, but no one ever said
writing a compiler was easy :)

> > MS make isn't (fully) compatible to GNU make, as far as I know. And
>
> Probably not, does it matter?  The make (or make-like routine...) with
> AsmStudio probably isn't either.

Assembly Studio doesn't have a make.  It just lets you very easily setup a
set of steps to build a program.  It handles building Zelda 86, which is
where the idea for the improvements came from.  Most programs only require
assembling, but it's useful when you need more.