[A86] Re: Alternative language compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: Alternative language compiler

There is already an on calc assembler for the 86, ZAC, written by Clem
Vasseur.

This compiler would be for the PC.  It is not really feasible to program
anything complex on the calc, due to it having a limited amount of ram, no
safe way to store source code, and having a limited input device.

The goal of the language would be to make it easier to write programs,
because assembly is tedious.  The compiler would generate code that would be
almost as good as hand written assembly.  It should generate code that is as
good or better than code written by the average beginner.  Any time critical
code like sprite routines would be written in assembly, but control logic
would be written in the high level language.

> I know you beat this subject to death earlier, but is this going to be an
> on-calc compiler or some computer program that does it, similar to
assembly?
> If it's on-calc, I can help because I know assembly, but I'm not familiar
> with any computer languages like C or whatever, so if you plan on making
the
> new language similar to a computer language, I wouldn't know where to
begin.
> Anyway, I think that an alternative language is a very good idea, it's
like
> BASIC+speed+power-size, but not as complex as assembly. Cool stuff.

Follow-Ups: References: