[A86] Re: The f'n 86 screen

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: The f'n 86 screen

Back when I was writing FD2 I did a lot of playing around with port 3
to get things working optimally.  I'm fairly certain bit 1 tells
whether a timer interrupt has occurred, so in Dux's routine there, it
leaves the routine if a timer interrupt has _not_ occurred (ie/ bit 1
is reset).  This makes sense since the screen refresh is (sort of)
related to the timer interrupts (ie/ don't mess with the video planes
if it's not on the normal refresh cycle).

IIRC, leaving out that piece of code causes the screen to flicker
slightly when ON is pressed.

The TI85 documentation (ti-ports.txt) states bit 2 is used to check
for timer interrupts, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong.

--
Aaron was here.
acurti1@umbc.edu

Follow-Ups: References: