[A86] Re: ASM Math

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: ASM Math

the built in functions of of floating point math are nil. the rom routines,
however, are packed with various floating point math routines(as many as
there are functions in the regular computation of the calc). there is a lot
of documentation out there in source code if you bothered to look through
the source on ticalc. there is not much to doing these calls, basically you
load the 10bytes of numbers you want to perform the math with into the ops
(for a function involving 2 numbers its usually op1 and op2) and then do the
call and the answer comes out in an op. then do the call to copy 10 bytes
from the op to memory address (or use the call to display the data in
op1--after you have copied it to op1 if need be). so basically all it
requires is 4 or 5 lines of code. look in the math section for programs with
source code, there are a lot of them. i have also seen a few deriviations of
the include files that have comments after the calls that tell you which ops
to hold the data you want the math functions to be done with. also i believe
ti's site has info on the floating point calls under the assembly help for
86 at http://education.ti.com.
also the calculator does graphics seemingly better because most of the
graphics are the same old 8x8 sprites which a routine was made for eversince
ZShell came out and the other graphics routines are usually very easy
manipulations of the screen buffer. everything in assembly isn't actually
that hard after you code for a while and everything clicks and you realize
that no matter what you're trying to perform you're just moving data around.
that's when you get in the zone. it takes a while tho and it's easy to get
frustrated and fall outta the zone.