[A86] Re: vertical scrolling

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: vertical scrolling

The easiest method is just to move video memory to, say, $f000, and then
display the text on the old screen (where it's invisible) and copy it to
$f400.  Then just scroll up the entire "screen", which includes all the text
that's in memory below the visible video memory.  Slowly the text will come
into view, and this also means that if you have other things to add below it
you can display them using _vputs as soon as they're needed and then copy
them to $f400 so they can continue scrolling.  I did something very similar
to this for a Dim-TI challenge way back when, except instead of conventional
scrolling I was doing Star Wars-style scrolling :-)

In a message dated 5/4/2001 9:32:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,