[A86] Re: assembly, programing and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: assembly, programing and games

Actually I've seen a few times that when you run a program that is shorter
right after you run the first program and then run the first one again it
still has the 'saved' data still there too. so its always got to
reinitialize the data that changes just in case

> That "when you first run it" comment reminded me of something that most
> people probably aren't aware of.  If you run the same program twice in a
> row, it is not copied the second time, giving the appearance that it was
> written back.  To disable this "feature":
>
>  sub a
>  ld (_asapvar+1),a
>
> > The TI-86, of course, is a completely diffrent situation.  There, the
> > program is always copied (by the system, when you first run it) into a
> > memory area starting at $D748 in the system page of memory.  This page
is
> > completely separate from the memory used to hold variables, so no VAT
> > adjustment is done or is necessary.

Follow-Ups: References: