[A86] Re: assembly, programing and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: assembly, programing and games

> The TI-86 memory layout is essentially the following:
>
> 0000-3FFF   holds a fixed ROM page
> 4000-7FFF   can be switched to any RAM or ROM page
> 8000-BFFF   can be switched to any RAM or ROM page
> C000-FFFF   holds a fixed RAM page
>
> Since your program is loaded into the last block, you normally don't need
> to worry about it being switched out at all.

The compiler only works with Rigel, because of the relocation-table needed
by the other shells, this is a bit difficult to do with a compiler, the
compiler also supports many other platforms so we need compatibility...

Is there any difference if we use Rigel? So is the program also loaded on
the last page (C000-FFFF)??? On the Ti-83 when, some shells don't update
the VAT-pointers when it relocates the program to 'exec_ram'. Anything like
this with Rigel?

What happens if I delete a program/file? Or if I append to a program/file
(make it larger...)? Will Rigel still copy the program-data back into the
right variable, even if the variable has moved in memory? (Ion on the Ti-83
doesn't lookup the variable again, it just *hopes* it's at the same spot,
and if it isn't...)

I've already found some tutorials on "The Guide", but I don't think they
have this specific info.

	Henk Poley