[A86] Re: ? [OT]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: ? [OT]

Jobs is a moron.. he thinks he knows what consumers want, charges high
prices for that crap with a POS operating system. OS X will be cool, though,
if they do it right and if Motorolla could pull a rabbit out of the hat and
if Jobs would allow other manufactures to sell their computers (Ever wonder
why Voodoo3 died out?) then they might have a chance. However, with these
new video cards like GeForce3 coming out and stuff there is going to be a
lot less emphasis on the CPU. A 1 ghz Athlon which is incredibly cheap right
now would just about smoke any of that Mac
stuff.

Matt

> >From: Shawn Ells >To your first remark: com files 64k max. >And your
> fourth:If we have a Mac and a PC of equal clock speeds (Mhz) for them >to
do
> the same task the Mac will more offen than not compleat the task first.
>>By
> the by, Macs (G3,G4,G4 Cube, IMac) don't have fans on there cpu's, heck
the
> >G4 Cube doesn't have any fan what so ever :-P lets see a PeeCee do that.
> Yes, and that was a major flaw on Macintosh's behalf. All of the G4 towers
> and iMAC's at my school run EXTREMELY hot, and 2 of the G4's have taken up
> smoking this year. When will those G4's learn, "just say 'NO!' to
drugs....
> It really is a shame to see such great processors burn out because Job's
is
> too cheap (lol, considering the prices of MAC's) to put in something so
> basic.   Cavan

Follow-Ups: References: