[A86] Re: Escape Time Algorithm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: Escape Time Algorithm

Augh, could you at least put the basic code as comments alongside the asm
code?
Unstructured, uncommented asm code is very hard to follow.
It looks like you're not using exactly the basic code you provided
either, which is a bit misleading.

If you really want help, please save us some time analyzing the code.
That way more lazy people will be willing to help :)

-josh

On Sun, 1 Apr 2001 22:55:48 EDT Appelkore@aol.com writes:
> I'm having trouble with this code I wrote to generate a 60x60 picture
> based
> on an escape time algorithm. I copied the BASIC code from a book,
> and it
> works fine (although it took hours to finish drawing the picture).
> My asm
> code draws a full column (8 pixels wide by 60 pixels tall) of the
> desired
> picture, then goes back over the same area very slowly, drawing all
> black
> pixels, then advances to the next 8-pixels-wide column and does the
> same
> thing. Why should it be doing that? Help!
>
> By the way, the desired picture is basically an inverted and tilted
> Sierpinski triangle. Remember, though, that this is not the method
> shown in
> the calc manuals; there is no randomness in this method whatsoever.
>
> Here's the basic code. I've attached a picture (.86i) to this email
> so you
> can see what the finished thing looks like without waiting for it to
> be
> drawn. (The attached file also contains the basic .86p and the .asm
> source.)

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.