Re: A86: Strings and stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Strings and stuff

_strCat                      equ        495Fh   ;concatenate str (HL) and (DE)

However, if you just want to display one string after another, it would
probably be easiest to just call _puts or _vputs twice...

 call _clrLCD
 ld hl,$050a
 ld (_penCol),hl
 ld hl,_OP2
 call _vputs
 ld hl,_OP1
 call _vputs

As for getting the dimensions of a matrix, the first byte of the data is the
number of columns and the second byte is the number of rows.  It is then
followed by the actual cell data in OP format.

In a message dated 10/6/00 2:46:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
shiwokarauotoko@juno.com writes:

> How does one append strings in assembly? Here's an example:
>  I create some string from a real value and store it into some op, say
>  op1...what if I store op1 into op2, repeat the process, getting another
>  string in op1, and wish to output op1 appended to op2: how would I do this?
>  in BASIC: set a="1", b="2"; a+b="12"
>
>  Also, how do I get the dimensions of an arrayed variable? Is it part of the
>  variable's name, like data type?
>  in BASIC: set a={1,2,3}; diml a=3 or set a==[[1,2][3,4]]; dim a={2,2}

----
Jonah Cohen
<ComAsYuAre@aol.com>
http://jonah.ticalc.org