From: owner-assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:owner-assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org]On Behalf Of David Phillips
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2000 8:05 PM
To: assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: Re: A86: Assembly Studio 8x released

It's a nice idea, but I think a better method would be to use the Virtual
Link and actually send the files to VTI.  That way, you could send programs,
strings, etc., and not erase everything that is on the emulated calc.  It
wouldn't have to be a plugin, in fact, it might be more useful if it were a
regular program, that way you could add it as an external tool under
Assembly Studio's build menu steps.

> You're probably thinking of the plugin I wrote a while back. It doesn't
> technically send anything to VTI, it creates a state file on the fly
> containing the new program, and then copies it over the default one in
> VTI's directory. Pretty simple, actually. Of course, it has a few
> limitations that affect large projects (doesn't support suplimentary
> files, writeback, and probably a few others I forgot). And there's no
> way to force VTI to reload state files, so it has to be reloaded
> manually if it's running.

Follow-Ups: References: