Re: A86: Assembly Studio 8x released

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Assembly Studio 8x released

> really?  i started with tasm & i'm still using it.  (the secret to using
> tasm is magical batch files)

Batch files are nice, but once you've tried make, there's no going back :)

> i tried ver 3.1 of asm studio & it wouldn't load my modified instruction
> table (despite its claims that it could load any table from tasm), and
> this version won't even install.  (can i get a zip here?)

 It's an MSI, so if you don't have Win2k, WinME, or Office 2000, you need to
get the installer from Microsoft.  There are links on the download page.
MSI is pretty cool, since it totally wraps an install and supposedly keeps
it from getting screwed up and from screwing up your system.  Like if you
delete a dll or exe from the program directory, it automatically reinstalls
the missing file.  Not sure if I totally like this, but it seems good for
not so savy computer users.

> having the source code to asm studio is great, i'd love to be able to
> add/fix things, but i do not have vc++ 6...

I have a legit copy of VC++ 6, but my cd is too scratched to install :(  Did
you ever send Jeremy a copy of your modified tab file?  I would bet that
it's pretty simple, unless it uses modifiers that the normal z80 table
doesn't use.  It only implements what is necessary for the stock z80 table,
not everything that tasm is cable of.