Re: A86: weird crap

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: weird crap

In a message dated 3/11/00 8:40:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rengets@erols.com writes:

> Is this normal?  I never knew the calculator kept dibs on what programs you
> had/ran.  If this is normal, please tell me, because I've just started asm
> programming, and this is kind of spooky....

Well, as chmasc clearly takes advantage of, the ram is _not_ cleared after a
reset.  Likewise, it isn't cleared when you simply delete a var; it's only
overwritten once new data occupies the same space.  Thus, a string that you
hadn't used in months could magically pop up in a crash.

----
Jonah Cohen
<ComAsYuAre@aol.com>
http://linux.hypnotic.org/~jonah/ (down)