Re: A86: _exec_basic

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: _exec_basic

the stop command resets the op&fp stacks to the base values (offset by 10
or so).  that's the whole point of changing the base values.  as long as
you remember to restore the base values before returning you should be
ok.

the place where you could have serious problems (i'll admit it's fairly
rare) is where you have an asm prog call another asm prog, which calls a
basic prog that ends with the stop instruction.  when the second asm prog
returns, it'll forget how to get back to the first asm prog and probly
crash.
in other situations it'll probly just act like the stop was executed at
the end of the asm prog.

-josh

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:52:35 -0700 (MST) Kirk Meyer <kmeyer@Mines.EDU>
writes:

> Well the Stop command is what we've had trouble with, so I didn't
> test any
> other cases. Saving the stack seemed reasonable. That's what I did
> originally with $4c47. However, I haven't run into any problems yet
> doing
> it the other way... Also, I'm not sure, but I think that the stop
> command
> changes the values of the OP & FP stack, and if you change the base
> value,
> the actual _FP value may be lower than _FPBASE.
>
>   Kirk

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.