RE:A86:Morse

[Prev][Index][Thread]

RE:A86:Morse

>you have an interesting issue here, in that you will have to >determine the difference between a short and a long keypress. i >recommend using port 1 to directly read the keypresses and >implementing a simple timer inside of the loop using, say, the bc >register. you may even want to have the program "learn" what a >particular user does for "short" and "long" keypresses...

Since electronic morse code keyers ("bugs") are pretty common now, instead of writing code to distinguish between a short press and a long one you might just dedicate one button to the dit (period?) and one to the dah (subtraction sign?), just as some keyers have one key for each, in order to input morse code.

But, yeah, you would still have to make the program distinguish between a pause between the dit and the dah, say, of the letter 'a', and the pause between one letter and the next... which, I suppose, still presents the same problem of "learning" a user's speed...