Re: A86: Re: .86p

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: .86p

this is the 85 format that i followed.  once i fixed it to add 10 instead
of 8 it works fine.
*** no terminating null or padding spaces ***
perhaps padding is optional?
from 85g.txt:

File format of .85G files
=========================
Compiled by David Brodbeck (gull@cyberspace.com)
Corrections by Magnus Hagander (mha@algonet.se)
Type codes compiled by Per Finander (pfimdt93@hvdc.hv.se)

~~~~~~~~~ you don't care about the bit in here ~~~~~~~~~

Each entry has the following format
-----------------------------------

Offset    Length    Comments
======    ======    ========
+00h      02h       Word: Bytes from next byte to end of name
                    This can be used for "fast-skipping" of the
                    variable when seeking through the file. The
                    word pointed to by this value is the size of
                    the variable, and therefor the whole thing
                    can be skipped faster.
+02h      02h       Word: Data length
+04h      01h       Byte: Type code (see table below)
+05h      01h       Byte: Name length
+06h       *h       Name (plain data, no terminating null or padding
                    spaces)
*+00h     02h       Word: Data length
*+02h     xxx       Data

-josh

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:26:24 -0600 "David Phillips" <david@acz.org>
writes:

> Oops, here is the info.  As you can see, the name is a constant 8
> bytes.
>

> Here is the entry format:
> Offset   Length   Description
> 00       02       000C - pointer to offset 0E
> 02       02       Length of variable
> 04       01       Variable type
> 05       01       Name length
> 06       08       Name (padded with spaces on the right)
> 0E       02       Same as offset 02
> 10       n        Variable data
>

> > Heh, I wouldn't call that conclusive, show me a hex dump :)
> >
> > I got my info from ti86prot.txt, though it was (is?) a bit buggy
> in parts:

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.