Re: A86:Equations

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86:Equations

> How can I get the user to input a 2 variable equation, store it, and then
> solve it?

do you mean an equation in the form of y=ax+b
do you want the user to enter 2 sets of coord and solve for a and b? is that
what you want?

>I was thinking of doing this in C, but I do not know enough of it
> to even get a For loop going.
then how are you going to do it in asm?
This is very easy in Basic.
example:
y=ax+b
6=2a+b
9=4a+b
hit 2nd Simult:
enter 2 for number
then press "2 down 1 down 6 down 4 down 1 down 9 F5 " hopefully you figure
out what each number means. if not look in your manual.
 then you should get x1=1.5 x2=3. meaning a=1.5 and b=3
read the manual to figure out how to use this in a basic prog as a function
call