Re: A86: Re: Large ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Large ASM

Bah. Using a bunch of routines reptitively is better. Because all the
routines are customized to fit the need of the program. ASM for the TI-86 is
made for speed, not modularity.

Besides, the routines are not what really takes up much space, it is the
data (graphics, tilemaps, etc). So why have libraries to promote complexity
and imcompatibility when the source of the problem of redudant space is
really the amount of data used.

So why DONT people start promoting stuff like DATA COMPRESSION in their
programs? People yap about libraries, no one yapps compressing images,
tilemaps, string data, or even program data with more efficient compression
algorithms. No one seems to mention how great Lite86 is because it is easy
to use and takes up little space, and is incredibly more useful or practical
then a shell supporting libaries are. That would make more sense then
promoting libaries.

Dude, libraries are for PC's. PC's have different processors, different
motherboards, sound cards, video cards, etc etc. That is why libraries are
useful. It provides a layer between hardware and software. But until the
hardware differs between versions from which asm programs would
coorespondetly then become imcompatible between versions (i.e. 82,83,85,92,
and the damn 92+) there is no need for a shell.

Gosh damn it.

- Matt Johnson