Re: A86: Re: [OT]: Sorry, I just had to share this

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: [OT]: Sorry, I just had to share this

Yes, 2000, being based on NT, does of course have the nice NT blue screen.
Not that the info has ever been useful for anything, but if you are a
developer it could come in handy.  And it is very nice because it has the
option of immediately rebooting after a bluescreen, so if a service causes
it, the box won't stay down for long.

> actually the blue screen is probably the NT bluescreen with all the hex
> dump and such, since win2k is basically a "nicened" win NT kernel.  It's
> different from the win9x blue screen though, if i'm not mistaken.  I
> deal with system crashes of every sort at work, so it's actually a
> different (but still blue) screen.  And if you are run linux try and find
> the cross-platform system crash screensaver-it feels good to laugh at a
> windows or mac crash, move the mouse, and watch it go away :P
>

> > > versions for NT 3.51 (remember that 2000 is NT 5).  Needless to say,
this
> > > caused the system to bluescreen at boot-up before it finished loading
the

> > Ah, the familiar blue screen of death.  Nice to have some continuity
> > between OSes :)

Follow-Ups: References: