Re: A86: VAT size

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: VAT size

Some questions about calc resets...

1.  Since stat vars are present at first power-up and can't (normally)
be deleted, can I trust that their positions in the VAT will not
change?  Will they always be at the beginning, is what I'm asking I
guess...

2.  What other than a wipe of the VAT, does a mem reset do? (if
anything?)

3.  If I were to change the _p_ptemp and _ptemp_end pointers to their
default first power-up values, would the calc think the memory had been
wiped?  This is why I need an answer to number 1;  'cause I would like
the calc to think it has been mem wiped, but I want to make sure the
default vars are there.

If any of that makes sense...

Cassady Roop

rabidcow@juno.com wrote:

> normal vars should be from $bfff to (_P_PTEMP+1)
> temp vars (var name starts with '$') should be from (_PTEMP_END+1) to
> (_P_PTEMP+1)
>
> _P_PTEMP = $d297
> _PTEMP_END = $d29a
>
> the +1 is because they're 24 bit pointers, but they're always on page 7

Follow-Ups: References: