A86: Re: editing y1

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: editing y1

> From: Jeanne9005@aol.com
> Subject: A86: Oh My God, An ON-Topic Post!
>
> How do I store an equation into y1?  Like, I want to store
> SQRT(x^2-y^2) into y1, but the only thing I can think of would be "
>  " (that's a blank for those who don't know).  Can anyone help?

the guide contains a specific example of creating and storing to
equations: http://guide.ticalc.org/download/stupequ.asm. info regarding
messing with variable data can be found at
http://guide.ticalc.org/variables/mess.htm.

i hope these help. the first link is an actual program that creates an
equation variable and then writes an equation to it. you have to remember
that equations are parsed before they are stored so you will have to be
careful as to how you store data to them, you can't just store straight
strings (e.g. "x^4+cos 30") but instead have to refer the file
'ti85prgc.txt' probably found in the archives at www.ticalc.org. if you
can't find it there, i'll have uploaded it to the guide's download
section in a day or two; you can access it then at
http://guide.ticalc.org/download/ti86prgc.txt.

i hope this helps. if you find any errors on the pages, please let me
know.  thanks!

jimi malcolm
mailto:malcolmj1@juno.com
http://guide.ticalc.org