Re: A86: chmasc and other such things (ti-86)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: chmasc and other such things (ti-86)

Yugi2 works somewhat differently from chmasc, but ultimately achieves the
same result.  When a teacher resets your memory after Yugi2 has been
installed, it will display "mem cleared defaults set" and reset the contrast,
but it won't actually clear your memory.  And it's 100% guaranteed to work as
long as Yugi2 in installed.

In a message dated 1/20/00 7:48:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, TerrisUS@aol.com
writes:

> ok, first off, honestly yes i just did subscribe to this list to ask this
> one
>  question, yes, im sure it's already been asked/addressed many times here
>  (although i didnt see it on a search of the mailing archives), and yes
>  there's probably a better place to ask anyways. but nonetheless.
>
>  Tests are coming up, and im looking at programs that can restore saved
>  programs from the calculator (a la what chmasc by Kirk Meyer is supposed
>  do). However, when i use chmasc (to store programs, delete all the stuff,
> and
>  then run the "restore" program which is just 3 lines on on-calc assembly
you

>  have to remember or write down and type yourself and run), it kinda just
>  restores 1 or 2 programs (usually only assembly programs too, which doesnt
>  help me any since the main program i want to restore is written in basic.
> but
>  nonetheless), not even close to all of them, and pretty random which it
does

>  (when restore is run, it runs through acting as if it's restoring all the
>  programs, anyone who's used it knows what i mean, but not nearly all of
them

>  are there, it just restores random programs).
>  Anyone know either
>  1) Why it does that and what i can do about it (i followed all the
> directions
>  in the readme perfectly, so that isn't it)?
>  or 2) know where i can find a program that does what i'm looking for (
> restore
>  programs)?

----
Jonah Cohen