A86: Re: vatsrch.inc error

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: vatsrch.inc error

> From: "Brent Schneider" <brent@calc.org>
>
> I just have to say this... The routine on vat searching
> 'vatsrch.inc' would
> not work 100% all the time. Jimi, you are using the cpdr
> instruction. This
> searches the area for a $12 (from accumulator). Note also, that the
> absolute
> address to the program is stored in the vat. What if $12 was in that
> address? You'd be screwed, and everything would screw up. You should
> start
> on the first entry, count down from there the length of the name,
> and
> continue.
i know. i thought about this problem after i released it. i've been too
lazy to work much more on the site so i didn't change the routine. i've
never had it screw up when i tested it, but i have probably just been
lucky (it would be nice if the ti86 only started variable data storage on
certain LSB addresses).

thanks for pointing this out though.  this is a section that i intend to
work on heavily in the future because i wish there were some more shells
out there.

also, brent, remember that we were talking about 82/85 emulation? i
figured out how to do it and now it's just a matter of time and reworking
all those ROM calls for the different addresses. i'm going to make a
section on that too once i get a working sample ready. it stinks that we
can never fully emulate them though.

by the way, how are you coming on that shell? if you were going to do
plug-ins, have you figured out a way to work them in? good luck on the
project!

jimi malcolm
mailto:malcolmj1@juno.com
http://guide.ticalc.org