A86: Attn: Bryan Rabeler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Attn: Bryan Rabeler

Bryan,

Effective immediately, you have been removed from all ticalc.org hosted
mailinglists.

This is because you are, with no regards to the warnings sent, have
repeatedly initiated and fueled completely off-topic discussions. This is
very annoying to the people who are subscribed to these mailinglists. They
subscribed to talk about [insert what the mailinglist is about, for example,
assembly on the TI-86 calculator], not about what you think of ticalc.org or
the staff-members of ticalc.org. Or anybody else, for that matter.

This action is taken because a lot of our users have complained about this
issue, and done so repeatedly. In previous cases this has happened, warnings
have been sent out. You have defiantly continued until the last minute
before the ban would take place. Once over the time limit, you have held up
for a couple of days, and then started again. To put it simple, this is not
acceptable behavior on our mailinglists.

Consider this your last chance. In four weeks time, on March 21st, you are
allowed to resubscribe to any mailinglist you are interested in. Until then,
you are explicitly *NOT* allowed to do this. You may read the traffic on the
lists as any other person is allowed to do, using the web interface on
http://www.ticalc.org/community/lists/.

Should you attempt to break this, by subscribing before the allowed time,
you will be permanently banned from our mailinglists. We hereby clearly
state that you are *completely forbidden* to do this, and any attempt to do
so will be considered abuse of our network services. This will be reported
to your ISP and any upstream providers for further action to be taken.

Once this period has expired, you are allowed to fully participate in any
*on-topic* discussions on the mailinglists again. But consider yourself
permanently warned about repeating these offenses - action will be taken. We
will not let the usability of our mailinglists to all of our users suffer
from the personal "profit" of one.

And before you say it - should you feel it would do any good, I will happily
set up a mailinglist for you to discuss these things with any interested
parties. Just let me know, and I'll do it. But notice the words *interested
parties* - anybody interested can subscribe. (Naturally, the list would be
removed if there were too few subscribers - say below 10 or so). This goes
to show that we are *not* out to silence you (which you seem to bring up any
time we say anything about your repeated offenses), but rather seek to keep
our services usable for those who use them for what they were meant for.

Regards,
 Magnus Hagander
 List administrator, lists.ticalc.org
 System Administrator, SolNet