A86: [OT]: Off-topic posts

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: [OT]: Off-topic posts

Did everyone read that light bulb thing I posted about a week ago?  I liked
it because, besides being funny, was quite similar to this list.  One person
posts something slightly off topic, and five other people post something
replying saying how off topic it is, of which five more people reply to each
of those.  So by contributing in any way, you just escalate the problem.
Besides, there's sort of a respect thing on the list.  If you have only been
on the list for a week and can't program assembly, then who is going to care
what you say or think?  Telling people to not post is not going to do
anything but add more off topic emails.  But if you've been on the list for
two years and know practically everything there is to know about the calc,
then people are going to take you a little more seriously.

Just some stuff to think about...

--
David Phillips <david@acz.org>
http://www.acz.org/