A86: Porting Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Porting Question

I have some questions regarding the memory of the TI-86.  I have never
programmed for the 86, but I'm in the process of porting a program of mine
(which I made for the 82) to the 86.
First and foremost, why is the start address for assembly programs so high?
Is all the memory before it used by the system?  This is the cause of all my
problems...My program is >12K and not only would it overwrite the stack and
VAT, but the addresses overflow and so it will not even compile correctly.
Second, how can I overcome this?  I'm sure a lot of you have had this problem.
Thank you,
~Adamman