Re: A86: TI-Speaker

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: TI-Speaker

> Some smaller classes you take your first year like
> English are more like high school in the sense that
> you can't sleep or do whatever, but that's because
> you actually need to pay attention, and becuase it
> is out of common courtesy and respect to the
> teacher and other students.

Even in High School, I didn't tolerate teachers telling me how to
learn.  If I wanted to program my 86 (in basic of course since
on-calc assembly is extremely hard even now), I would program
my 86.  If I wanted to sleep, I would sleep.  And I would happily
explain to the administration why nobody has a right to tell me
otherwise, but luckily it never came to that.  I'll decide when I
need to pay attention and when playing with my calculator is
both more diverting and more mentally stimulating.  And I'll pay
the GPA consequences if I'm wrong.  And I don't see how
sleeping or playing games is disrespectful to the students, and
I owe no teacher more respect than they've earned.  (If they take
offence by my indication that their lecture is boring and not
benificial to me, perhaps they should revise the lecture, or, if
they can't, just not take personal offence.)  The last time I
needed to pay attention in an English class was sixth grade,
just as I finished learning everything in the subject I was taught
by an institution of learning.  And here I am doomed to take
more English courses in my life even after writing this perfectly
good 200 word rant.

So as to avoid risk of being called off-topic, what are some
solutions you all have come up with to gaming in schools?
There was the one-hand trick in the old days, and all the
fake mem reset programs floating around.  What about new
advances in on-calc programming (always a good topic)?