A86: Nesting problems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Nesting problems

	I've got an asap token i've written that converts a string of tokens [or
a string of basic commands prepended by a null character] into a BASIC
program and runs it, producing an effect something like the "expr"
command for the 89/92(+) or "ToExpression[" for Mathematica. This token
is very useful indeed, allowing equations to support programs of dynamic
structure and indirection and stuff like that, but the token cannot be
nested inside of itself, so to speak.
Here's my dilemma:
	I would need to push the value stored in the variable to contain the
BASIC commands prior to messing with it; however, if the variable is a
program coming in to the command, it cannot be "pushed," unless converted
to a string prior to the push. Even then, to restore the value of the
variable after the BASIC is done, the Ans value is overridden, undoing
the BASIC's hard work.
	If someone has any idea how to create a nesting system that would avoid
these problems, I'd certainly appreciate it.