Re: A86:Linkports and crap

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86:Linkports and crap

it's not that simple.  one of the three wires is ground.  only two are
signals.
also, if you wanted to connect a ps2 style mouse, they need ~4 signal
lines and a 12v power source (afaik)

however....  with the proper microcontroller, it's possible to connect
almost anything to a ticalc.
it's certainly possible to have a microcontroller convert the rs-232
signals from the mouse to whatever 2-line protocol you wanted, but you'd
need another little box to hold the extra circuitry, and you'd probly
need an external power source.

-josh

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000 21:18:48 -0600 Michael Perley <mperley@nmt.edu>
writes:

> Is it possible to make a mouse compatable with a TI86 linkport? I
> see
> there are 3 wires, and a basic mouse only needs 3
> variables(X,Y,button),
> so is it possible to make an external mouse for a ti calc?

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.