Re: A86:3D Grapher and other stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86:3D Grapher and other stuff

In a message dated 8/17/00 4:00:10 PM Mountain Daylight Time, Rgdtad@aol.com
writes:

> 1.  Why has no one made a 3D grapher in asm?  There are so many in
TI-Basic,
>  so lgicaly, there would be at least one in asm unless it is just so hard
> that
>  it might as well be impossible.

Too damn slow even in assembly???  It's certainly not impossible, but
(correct if I'm wrong) it would require one to write their own floating point
routines and their own string parser, among other things.

>  2.  Would anyone be interested in a morse program for the 86?  If so, what
>  features should it have?

Not me...

>  3.  How could one do a 'For' loop inside another 'For' loop in asm and use
>  both vars inside the loops?
>  Example of the kind of thing I want to do(example is in TI-Basic):
>  For(a,1,10
>  For(b,1,10
>  Disp a*b
>  End
>  End

Use different registers for the counters of both loops.  This is certainly
not an uncommon usage of loops.  And it isn't hard:

 ld h,10
Loop1:
 ld l,10
Loop2:
 push hl
 call MUL_HL  ;85-ROM alias, not sure the 86 counterpart
; .
; .
; .
 pop hl