A86: Re: emu question

[Prev][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: emu question

Virtual TI is an almost perfect emulator of all the calcs.  The screen is
handled exactly the way the LCD works on the real calc (though 8 level
grayscale on 86 doesn't work right for some reason).  TI86EMU, while a great
emu in it's time, does not properly emulate many aspects of the calc.  If
you are using grayscale, then your sprite routine may be screwed up, which
would explain why they don't show up on TI86EMU (it doesn't support port 0).
As for the stuff working the first time, you are probably trashing your code
somehow.  It will act like writeback, because the OS doesn't reload it
(unless you set/reset the flag to tell it to).   The code to do that is
below (thanks to Clem for this info):

 sub a
 ld (_asapvar+1),a