Re: A86: screen glitch?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: screen glitch?

In a message dated 10/30/99 7:42:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
malcolmj1@juno.com writes:

> when i have a program running that has a graphic on the lower righthand
>  of the screen and i send something with silent link to the calcutor it
>  exits my program to the homescreen when it's done transfering.  while
>  it's transfering, the pixel in the last column about 2 or 3 rows up from
>  the bottom is reset.  when it's done transfering, the last column on the
>  right is not cleared.
>
>  does anyone know why this is?  is there a glitch? is it something with
>  the silent link routines?  i've noticed that ti-os doesn't use the last
>  column for anything normally, does that have something to do with spacing
>  things on the screen evenly?

Well, the reason they don't clear the last column is, as you said, that the
os doesn't use the last column for anything.  This can be shown if an asm
program leaves stuff on the graph screen in the last column and you go to the
graph screen then return to the home screen.

But anyway, why are you doing silent linking in the middle of a program?  If
you're using _getkey, I strongly recommend switching to _get_key.

----
Jonah Cohen
<ComAsYuAre@aol.com>
http://linux.hypnotic.org/~jonah/