Re: A86: menus

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: menus

the current context state tells the ti-os what it's doing at the moment.
there are up to six context state handlers at a given time:
 _cxMain	: gets every keystroke
 _cxPPutAway	: called before _cxPutAway, i don't know why
 _cxPutAway	: called to close the current context
 _cxRedisp	: redraw?
 _cxErrorEP	: take care of errors
 _cxSizeWind	: adjust text window for menus
(there's also a flag byte)
theoretically, you could set up a context state involving some of
these,return to the ti-os, and your program would still be running.  the
calc would think it was running one of it's internal apps, like the list
editor or the mode menu.  i don't now if you'd have to interpret the menu
keys or not, but your cxMain routine would get all the keystrokes.
i've never managed to set a context state from an asm program without
crashing the calc soon afterwards.  i think.

-josh