A86: Re:

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re:

I'm sure Aaron can do a much better job of explaining, but I'll give it a
shot.  They don't emulate the other calculators--they emulate their
environment.  Take the 85, for example.  If you look at the docs for say
ZShell, there are only a few ROM calls and memory addresses.  A shell can
setup the free space on ram page 1 to look like an 85.  Instead of using ROM
routines, it just codes versions of the calls into the shell.  Of course,
there are many more tricks involved, but this is the simple explanation :)