A86: Re: Random

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Random

The R register is the memory refresh register.  It increments every
instruction until it hits 127, then wraps to 0 (it's a 7-bit register).
Some instructions increment it twice (all the double byte ones?).  So if
used when not in a loop, it will provide a psuedo random number.  Not good
by itself, but can be when used as a random number generator.