Re: A86: Sending user input to LCD

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Sending user input to LCD

Comments below...

In a message dated 10/14/99 13:41:33 Eastern Daylight Time,
Kumba12345@aol.com writes:

> I'm slowly experimenting with TI-86 asm when I get bored, and I'm currently
>  trying to get the calculator to get the value of a key pressed by the User
>  and display it on the LCD, and be able to switch between numbers and
>  caps...any clues on how to pull this off?.  I write a small proggy below
> that
>  I think does...soemthing..If anyone could help, it'd be...well, helpful,
> hehe
>  =)
>
>  I've fully commented it (as a newbie should)..
>
>  #include "asm86.h"
>  #include "ti86asm.inc"
>
>  .org _asm_exec_ram
>
>  mainProg:
>    call _clrLCD        ; Clears LCD
>
>    ld a,0              ; load 0 into a
>    ld (_penRow),a      ; load a into penRow
>    ld (_penCol),a      ; load a into penCol
>    ld hl,l1            ; load label l1 into hl (a prompt)
>    call _vputs         ; spit it onscreen
>    call _getkey        ; get a keypress
>    cp kEnter           ; is it the Enter key?
>    jp nz,progDis       ; if not, goto label progDis
>    ret                 ; return
>
>  l1: .db "&  ",0       ; prompt

This is the problem.  You can't use _vputs to display a numeric value.  What
you need to do is call _dispAHL like this:

progDis:
    ld l,a
    xor a           ;ld a,0
    ld h,a
;ahl=getkey value
    call _dispAHL   ;display value returned by _getkey

Now you can call getkey again or whatever, but skip the junk about blah.

>  progDis:
>    ld hl,blah          ; just a test, load label 'blah' into hl
>    call _vputs         ; spit the result onscreen
>    call _getkey        ; get another keypress
>    cp kEnter           ; is it the Enter key again?
>    jp z,quit           ; if so, goto 'quit'
>    jp nz,progDis       ; if not, loop back into progDis
>    ret                 ; return
>
>  blah: .dw _getkey,0   ; define word to be getkey value (doubt this is
right,

>  help pls)
>
>  quit:
>  .end                  ; quit
>    ret                 ; return
>
>  .end                  ; quit the whole bloody program
>  END
>

>  Output looks like the following after several keypresses:
>
>  & uuuuuuuuuu
>
>  Each hit of a key that isn't the enter key prints a 'uu' after the last
>  one...mind boggling.  The '&' is my Prompt...

----
Jonah Cohen
<ComAsYuAre@aol.com>
http://linux.hypnotic.org/~jonah/