Re: A86: Random

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Random

Jimmy's random routine is very fast, and is great if you just want a single
random number every now and then. But if you for instance want to have
random coordinates chosen one after the other, it is not as good. I have
made a program to try out different random routines by taking random
coordinates and put out a sprite at the chosen location. With this routine
the results were something like this:

00 0
  0 00
     0 00
       0 0 0

All sprites were in an area from the upper left to the lower right. You will
get a little better results if you put a 'halt' between every call to the
random routine.

Andreas Finne
a_finne@hotmail.com
a_finne@iobox.fi