Re: A86: Random

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Random

r is only a sort of random...  It gets incremented after every
instruction and never goes over 127.  Another decent way of getting
random numbers is to load data directly out of the rom;  I did this in
FD2:

	push hl
	ld a,r		;a=random-ish number <128
	srl a		;a<64
	ld h,a		;use that as the upper byte of an address
lrand:
	ld l,0		;use some value as the lower byte...
	add a,(hl)	;get a number from there
	ld (lrand+1),a	;and use that as the next lower byte
	pop hl
	ret

...which is a lot faster than using rom calls, but not really as
effective.

--
Aaron Curtis <acurti1@umbc.edu>
http://www.gl.umbc.edu/~acurti1