Re: A86: Re: re:a86:gbdk

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: re:a86:gbdk

>What about button input?  Are the GB's key inputs better suited for video
>games (I mean from a programming prospective, not physical keyboard
>layout)?

Well, one good thing about the buttons on the GB is that there are only
eight.
As in 1 byte represents the entire keyboard.
With the 86, there are 50 keys so you have to keep putting bit masks out to
the keyboard so it knows what group of keys 'you' want to know about.
This takes more time, but it is usually best to only use one or two sets of
keys if you want it fast.(or you can use the ROM call which takes more time
but less space in your program)

    suck it
     world's biggest idiot
        Cavan Carrol