Re:A86:gbdk

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:A86:gbdk

Jimmy Mårdell wrote

[on the game boy]
> The gfx is of course a zillion times better, you have sound, you
> have hardware scrolling + hardware sprites, you have loooots of more
> memory, etc, and you can get more seriously involved in the gaming
industry
> if you want that.

Robin Kirkman responded:

>to my knowledge, none of these are handled by the processor itself.
>--robin

true, but the TI calcs don't have all the built in goodies that do handle
those things. That is the attraction, the processor doesn't have to do
everything.
You can make sound, true, and most of the neat tricks you see on the game
boy have been "faked" at some point in Asm games, but the added code slows
the overall program.

Jeff Barrett