Re: A86: changing a variable to op register

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Richins wrote:

> How would I use a variable, made in TI-OS, in assembly?  I want to be able
> to take a letter, compare it, and then return back a number associated with
> that number.  I want the letter inputed to be from TI-OS and the number
> returned to work with TI-OS.
>
> Thanks

I think you are going to need to clarify. This is what im reading:
You want to store a 1 byte string, with a single character, and have an asm
program figure out the ascii code, and then store it to Ans or something?

This might work (input from Ans:

LookupRoutine:
   ld  hl,stringName-1
   rst  20h
   rst  10h
   ret  c   ;doesnt exist if carry set
   ld   a,(_OP1)
   cp  $0C
   ret  nz              ;return if Ans isnt a string
   ld   a,b
   ex  de,hl
   call _load_ram_ahl
   inc hl
   inc hl                ;past the size bytes
   ld   a,(hl)
  call _setxxop1  ;think thats the propper call
  call _stoans      ;hope thats the right one too.
  ret

StringName:
   .db $03,"Ans"